The center of the discussion of this article is going to be Kodi on PS4 and PS3 (How to Install Guide) which is basically a guide to get you through the process of installing Kodi on PS3 and PS4. Kodi is one of the most used and most popular media centers.
The PlayStation is a hugely popular gaming system that is most likely the most used console in the entire world with competition in the Xbox gaming console. You’d have definitely discovered this title unless you like living away from civilization.
Users of PS4 will confirm this, that you can also stream media to the console apart from playing top-notch HD games on it. So, today we are going to see how you can do that with the help of a media streaming software.
How to Install Kodi on PS4
Just as we would like to install Kodi on the PS4, we can not do this; maybe not yet. This software is an excellent media center, however, it is not available for the PlayStation platform. The programmers are working to generate a version that is compatible with all the PS4 and also the PS3.
But there is nothing to worry about as we have a great alternative to Kodi on PS4. The name of this app is Plex. It is on par with the former in terms of features if not in popularity.
Nevertheless, you can consider Plex to be the greatest alternative to Kodi Movie App that you can hope to get.
Install Plex on your PS4.
- Start up your PlayStation games console and start the PlayStation Store.
- There you will find a section called “Apps”. Select it and input the Apps section.
- Enter the “Popular” section by clicking on it.
- Then scroll down until you find the Plex icon. It is before many rows until it’s possible to find it.
- Click on Download and wait for the program to install.
- After installation is complete, you can choose “Start” to Begin the program directly.
- Or you can open the app from the home screen from under the TV & Video section.
- If you don’t have a Plex account, you can create one here. Then sign in with that account on your PS4.
- A code will appear on the ensuing screen, telling you to visit https://plex.tv/link.
- Click on the link and sign in with your account. Then enter the code from your TV screen and click on “LINK”.
- You will get an “App Linked” message on your screen. The app will then show a big error message stating that it couldn’t connect to a media server.
- Now, pick up your Android phone and install the Plex app from the Play Store. Sign in with your account and tap on “Stay in Trial mode”.
- After that, go to the Settings > System and then enable these options: Show camera roll media, Network discovery, and Advertise as a server.
But if your PS4 and Android devices are attached to the exact same system, then you are able to get into the videos and other media in the Android device onto your PS4. You can accomplish this by selecting your Android device contrary to the top-right corner.
This article on Kodi on PS4 and PS3 (How to Install Guide), has finally reached its conclusion. We have discussed how to install Plex on PS4 because Kodi on PS4 or PS3 isn’t available. I’m sure that you’ll go through the process if you stick to the steps. For further assistance on this topic, get in touch with us at Kodi App.